Friday, August 11, 2006

no more sides



Yet more fear at our airports.

Where will the airline restrictions stop?

Can’t a volatile liquid/detonator be easily concealed within a suicide bomber’s clothing?

Does this mean we have to travel naked or not at all?

Well let me make a few points perfectly clear.

I will NOT hold my tongue when I hear George W Bush make such ludicrous statements as “America is safer now than at 9/11”.

I will NOT let people like him force me to polarize my views to “side” with him in his so-called “war on terror”.

I will NOT be terrorized by extremists, whether they speak from from a bunker in Afghanistan, the White House, a mosque or Downing Street.

I will NOT allow my desire to give an open-minded appraisal to events be deterred by being dubbed a “conspiracy theorist”.

I will NOT let this bullshit ruin my honeymoon in New York in a few weeks.

I will NOT feel compelled to teach my children to be afraid.

For as long as you call someone your enemy, they will be.

3 comments:

parnellpr said...

Here here.


Thanx for linking 2 my blog btw. Just found out via technorati.

Pippa

James Howard Shott said...

I will NOT be terrorized by extremists, whether they speak from from a bunker in Afghanistan, the White House, a mosque or Downing Street.

So you think Blair and Bush are extremists? Does that mean you are opposed to their efforts to eliminate those forces who wish to destroy their countries and the way of life that both you and I love?

For as long as you call someone your enemy, they will be.

What do you propose to call someone or some group that deliberately targets and kills innocent men, women and children in your country?

I will NOT let this bullshit ruin my honeymoon in New York in a few weeks.

I hope your trip to New York is happy and uneventful. Congratulations, JL.

Curly K said...

Well said JL!