Monday, August 21, 2006

bitesize bullets



TEN TOPICS…
NO PARTICULAR ORDER…
ONE MAN’S OPINIONS…
FIFTY WORD LIMIT ON EACH…
MY LAST DAYS OF FREEDOM…



WEIGHT : It’s starting to look as though my pre-wedding Battle With The Bulge is going to end in a tie. Though it hasn’t gone up since I started measuring a few weeks ago, it hasn’t gone down either. Oh, well.

DISTRACTION: Isn’t it extremely convenient that all of America is talking about a 10-year old murder case when much more important things are happening in Iraq, Lebanon, and most importantly for me, the upcoming elections where Dubya was due to get a pasting. So much for prevalent Liberal media bias.

LINK : Absolutely no contest for my link shout-out this week – fellow blogger Rinceoir kindly included my blogs in his “Why Link?” series. Much appreciated sir! Check out his Tiny Timid Thoughts when you have the chance.

JUSTICE: For all Irish people who presume the 11 people charged for involvement in the recent airport scares, I have two words - BIRMINGHAM SIX. To those who think that makes me sympathetic to terrorism, I say you are full of it, for I believe it makes me sympathetic to justice.

NINETY… : …is my Irish Slang O’ The Week, though it must be used in association with the word “craic” which I explained a good while ago. Basically the term “the craic was ninety” means “we had a helluva good time”. Don’t ask me why.

W*NKERS!: Though it definitely went on for too long, this year’s British Big Brother was the best so far, and congratulations to Pete Bennett for both winning the contest and raising awareness for Tourette’s Syndrome.

LYRICAL : "Beauty i'd always missed
With these eyes before,
Just what the truth is
I can't say anymore.

'cause i love you,
Yes, i love you,
Oh, how, i love you.
Oh, how, i love you."

Who sang that? Check comments for the answer.

FLICK: I recently saw One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest for the first time. As well as Nicholson’s excellence, I was surprised by how many other names were in it that went on to better things – Danny deVito, Christopher Lloyd, and Brad Dourif, aka Grima Wormtongue from Lord of the Rings.

ONE-TRACK-MINDS : There must be something in the water this week – check out the Google phrases of the week! I think I should seriously consider a new title for my blog – the word “shag” has gotta go!

GOOGLING : Latest phrases to lead people here include …

“shag games”

“her first shag”

“how long does a good shag last?”

“instructions on how to shag properly”

“humans shagging”

“horny mother in law”

I hope they all found what they were looking for.



“Google phrases of the week” and “Statwatch” courtesy of StatCounter.com

“Irish Slang Word O’ The Week” courtesy of “The book of feckin’ Irish Slang that’s great craic for cute hoors and bowsies”

6 comments:

Curly K said...

Can't believe you only saw One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest recently - classic!

JL Pagano said...

I know, Curly K, I'm a bit behind the times with a lot of classics - that's why the dvd-by-post scheme is so good!

By the way, the answer to the Lyrical bullet question is of course "Nights In White Satin" by the Moody Blues, which is one of the tunes the organist will play at the wedding.

NiolK said...

One Flew Over is a fucking classic. There's one part in it where Jack calls Nurse Ratchet by her real name(Louise I think), or maybe it was her real middle name, and you can see the look of surprise on her face. If you have the dvd it's spoken about in one if the extras.

I'm still looking for a horny mother in law.

ainelivia said...

nights in white satin
never reaching the end
letters I've written
never meaning to send...


Wow, brings back memories, great music for a wedding, anytime is satin time...

parnellpr said...

those search terms are a bit scary, but not as weird as some i've read about on other blogs...

Birmingham 6? Quite right. Seems to have been easily forgotten in this society where we now seem to assume guilt automatically.

Pippa

Benny K said...

Cuckoo's Nest is awesome. So is "Nights in White Satin," although the interlude (or whatever you'd call it) with the poetry reading is, in my opinion, a bit melodramatic...