Monday, July 17, 2006

bitesize bullets



TEN TOPICS…
NO PARTICULAR ORDER…
ONE MAN’S OPINIONS…
FIFTY WORD LIMIT ON EACH…
STOP BLOGGING? I WILL IN ME ARSE!…



WEIGHT : The countdown to the wedding is nigh and my weight has become an issue yet again. Let’s call my weight this morning X and see how much under that I can go between now and the nuptials.

TUNES: OK this is either totally cool or totally embarrassing. You decide. A while ago I came across my vinyl “collection”, most of which were ready for throwing out, but I did keep the first record I ever owned myself, ABBA the Album, which I got when I was 8.

DOH! : On Saturday on my Irish blog I bemoaned the fact that no Irish station covered the midweek club soccer games, only to be politely informed they did. It’s one of the more embarrassing things that can happen to a blogger. Suffice to say my researcher has since been sacked.

HOOKED: Though I’m not what you’d call a gamer, I do have a PS2. I never dreamed about buying a golf game until I tried the one on my mobile. I have since gone on to buy Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003 second-hand and I am already a fully-fledged addict.

LYRICAL :
“My bed’s full of takeaways
And fantasies of easy lays
The pause button’s broke on my video
And is this real cos I feel fake
Oprah Winfrey, Ricki Lake
Teach me things I don’t need to know”


Who sang that? Check comments for the answer.

CATCHUP: I have found a way to keep up with my favourite blogs without swinging around from link to link like Tarzan on speed. If you haven’t already, try Google Reader for size. The only drawback is, if you’re a bit lazy like me, you won’t comment as often as before.

STATWATCH : I have a regular visitor to my blogs whose IP server is based in Los Osos, California. Any chance you’d like to make yourself known to me? If you’d rather preserve the mystery I’d totally understand, but if not you can email me at jlpagano@eircom.net.

BUSHBASHING :
Q: How many Bush administration officials does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

A: There is nothing wrong with the lightbulb. Its condition is improving everyday. Any reports of its malfunction are the result of “spin” by the liberal media. Why do you hate freedom so much to ask?


“I… : …WILL IN ME ARSE!” is my Irish Slang O'the Week and basically is meant to convey a person’s intention NOT to do something in particular. For a little extra emphasis that’s also quite a bit more graphic, substitute the word “hole” for “arse”.


GOOGLING : Latest phrases to lead people here include …

“carlsberg text”

“to phone county wexford from london what numbers must I dial”

“boiled shite”

“calcio, cosmopolitan, photos”

“boy’s overgrown larynx”

“people shagging in parks”

“funny keystroke art”

“trust an irishman?”

I hope they all found what they were looking for.



“Google phrases of the week” and “StatWatch” courtesy of StatCounter.com

“Irish Slang Word O’ The Week” courtesy of “The book of feckin’ Irish Slang that’s great craic for cute hoors and bowsies”

7 comments:

JL Pagano said...

Relatively easy one this week I think. It’s Robbie Williams with “Strong” taken from his 1998 album “I’ve Been Expecting You”. I don’t like all of his stuff, but I have to say he is by far and away the best of a bad lot when it comes to people who have tried to break away from boy/girl bands.

Curly K said...

You always have the most interesting phrases used to find your blog. Don't worry about your weight, she loves you the way you are anyway. After all weight is only a number.

JL Pagano said...

Ah, thanks for that, Curly K. I used my blog as a motivational tool towards the end of last year and I lost almost two stone, so all I'm doing is trying the same again since more than half of it snuck back on.

Dol said...

Argh!!! Robbie Williams!!! Stabbity

Benny K said...

ABBA = cool!

Cionaodh said...

I liked Abba in the 70s & early 80s -- mostly on cassette, though.

hermione2001ie said...

Ahhh now, you've gotta love Robbie. Sure he'd be a filthy shag but you'd just have to wouldn't you?