Monday, June 26, 2006

bitesize bullets



TEN TOPICS…
NO PARTICULAR ORDER…
ONE MAN’S OPINIONS…
FIFTY WORD LIMIT ON EACH…
WHEN FATE OFFERS YOU A FUTURE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS LET GO OF YOUR PAST…



UPDATE : Gran is still recovering from her illness, and it’s touch and go whether she can return to her independent living situation, so things are still up in the air on that front. Meanwhile, Sandra just got back in one piece from her “hen’s [aka ‘bachelorette’] weekend” in Barcelona.

COMMENTARY: If you’re a fan of Six Feet Under, I strongly recommend you at least rent the series finale on DVD and watch the last ever episode with the director’s commentary. It gives a tremendous insight to what was an exceptional series.

LYRICAL :
You – lost and lonely
You – soft and only
You – strange as angels
Dancing in the deepest oceans
Twisting in the water
You’re just like a dream
You’re just like a dream


Who sang that? Check comments for the answer.

RENTAL: Fancy a movie that’s both a bit different and educational? Try “Pavee Lackeen – The Traveller Girl” for size. Very simply done, it gives you a snapshot of the life of the travelling community here in Ireland. Hardly Oscar material, but does what it sets out to do very well.

FANNY… : …is my Irish Slang Word O’ The Week. While it means backside in the USA, it refers to a rather more intimate female area this side of the pond. It’s always amusing to hear an elderly American tourist in downtown Dublin loudly proclaim she has a pain in her fanny!

BUSHBASHING: Nothing like a 30% approval rating to get Dubya suggesting that something is to be eventually done about G-Bay, though not until the suspects have been dealt with by the law. I’m thinking – what exactly has stopped you dealing with them before now, Georgie boy?

STATWATCH : I forgot to mention last week that my assorted blogs recently surpassed the 25,000 hit mark between them since May 2005. That’s quite the milestone I reckon, but one that only other bloggers will appreciate – I won’t exactly go bragging to my friends!

TUNES: I treated myself this week to FatBoy Slim’s greatest hits CD, the one with the bonus DVD that has all his excellent videos. Well worth the money. My fav track is a toss-up between “I See You Baby” and his re-working of Cornershop’s “Brimful Of Asha”.

JOKE :
Patient : Doctor, I have a pain from halfway down my face to halfway up my leg.

Doc : Well, I know what it is but I can’t tell you.

Patient : Why?

Doc : Judging by your symptoms your treatment has to be on a knees to nose basis.

GOOGLING : Latest phrases to lead people here include …

“readable 1000 word story”

“chris de burgh blog mega spanish”

“biko funeral”

“ireland world cup we’ll really shake them up”

“3 legged footballer tune”

“brian o’driscoll drunk”

I hope they all found what they were looking for.



“Google phrases of the week” courtesy of StatCounter.com

“Irish Slang Word O’ The Week” courtesy of “The book of feckin’ Irish Slang that’s great craic for cute hoors and bowsies”

4 comments:

JL Pagano said...

The lyrical answer is my favourite song by The Cure called “Just Like Heaven” and taken from their album “Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me”. Are you guys getting these right every week? Hmmm…

The Swearing Lady said...

Wasn't "I See You Baby" a mix for Groove Armada or something? Forgive me; I was never one of Norman/Quentin's fans. Ever. Digweed, Sasha, Howells and Deep Dish for me.

JL Pagano said...

Digweed, Sasha, Howells and Deep Dish?

I guess I'm showing my age, but to me they sound like something you would order in a restaurant.

Maybe FatBoy's stuff is more for old farts lol.

hermione2001ie said...

"That's The Cure that is" she said, as she idly scratched her fanny.


I too recommend the last series of Six Feet Under. In fact, I recommend all the series. I'm not normally a fan of American dramas (no offense folks!) but I loved 6FU. I really miss it.

I really want to see Pavee Lackeen - not sure if I'll be able to get it in UK. Dunno?

My joke (courtesy of Popbitch):

Q. What's the first sign of madness?
A. Suggs walking up your driveway.

I thank you.