NO PARTICULAR ORDER…
ONE MAN’S OPINIONS…
FIFTY WORD LIMIT ON EACH…
I RECKON WALT WILL PERSUADE HIM TO GO BACK…
• SCARCE : Sorry the posting has been so rare – moving both myself and my grandmother to new abodes has taken over two months but at least there appears to be an end in sight. Still no broadband in new apartment - I’m now using a net café.
• TUNES : The weather has been glorious here in Dublin lately, and I’ve had no better non-human companion on the one hour drive to my gran’s new place than Hootie and the Blowfish’s debut album Cracked Rear View. I challenge you not to choke up a bit at the last track “Goodbye”.
• SHAME : Though it pains me to say it, the Irish legal system has been put to shame in recent weeks by the discovery of a loophole which could see convicted sex offenders go free. What is equally shameful is how our elected representatives are doing headless chicken impersonations and denying responsibility.
• FEAST : After all my posts of preparation for the World Cup, it finally kicks off this Friday when hosts Germany face Costa Rica. I have an added bonus in that my kids have caught the soccer bug in the past few months and are excited about watching it with me.
• LYRICAL :
“You can see the summit
But you just can’t reach it
Last piece of the puzzle
But you just can’t make it fit
Doctor says you’re cured
But you still feel the pain
Aspirations in the clouds
But your hopes go down the drain”
Who sang that? Comments have answer.
• BUSHBASHING : I guess the one thing that annoys me about the whole Iraq debate is how there are so many Americans who are absolutely convinced without a shadow of doubt that whatever they do, it’s ok because they are “the good guys”. Oh if only reality were that simple, eh?
• BOOKWORM : I made a resolution to read a book every month in 2006 and so far all I’ve managed is the Da Vinci Code. Well at least I’ve started another one, it’s by Karen Armstrong and is called “Islam – a Short History” and it’s heavy reading but interesting nonetheless so far.
• PATIENCE : Though I’m glad a show like “Lost” has come to replace Six Feet Under and The West Wing, it really bugs me that I have to wait so long to see what happens now series 2 is over! The 5th line of intro is not a bad spoiler, BTW.
• LINK : This week’s Link shout-out goes to Paddy from I Don't Really Know for adding me Irish blog to his list. Good to see another blogger unafraid to publish his own poetry as well.
• GOOGLING : Latest phrases to lead people here include …
“pagano diet blog”
“goalie, racism, italy, throwing bananas”
“kim cattral measurements”
“even if it breaks your heart to be just friends”
I hope they all found what they were looking for.
Google phrases of the week courtesy of StatCounter.com