Monday, May 22, 2006

bitesize bullets



TEN TOPICS…
NO PARTICULAR ORDER…
ONE MAN’S OPINIONS…
FIFTY WORD LIMIT ON EACH…
O HONDA CIVIC! BAD NEW TREND!…



BREAK : The good news is, I will FINALLY be out of the house in Booterstown this week; the bad, it will probably mean I won’t be blogging for a while afterwards. Nothing definite as yet, just don’t be surprised if I don’t post for the next few weeks.

HUH? : No, this isn’t a cast photo from Lord Of The Rings, it’s Finnish metal band Lordi, who won this year’s Eurovision Song Contest with their – er – rousing? anthem called “Hard Rock Hallelujah”. I’m sure Helsinki will be delighted this lot earned them the right to host next year’s event!

LYRICAL :
“It's hard to believe
That there's nobody out there
It's hard to believe
That I'm all alone
At least I have her love
The city she loves me
Lonely as I am
Together we cry”


Who sang that? Check comments for the answer.

CRACKED? : Even though I’m normally the laziest book reader ever, I managed to get through The Da Vinci Code in under a week before I go see the movie. I will review both soon. Can you crack my code in the intro to this post? The answer is in the comments.

BUSHBASHING : I’m intrigued that the US Senate felt the need to pass a decree stating that English was the national language recently. Maybe it’s simply a nod to The White House since like the rest of us they can’t decypher any communications coming out of there these days.

TUNES : I was out the other night and heard a track from the Police album “Regatta de Blanc” so I decided to play it in my car stereo, mostly because it has two of my all time favourites by anyone, “Bring On The Night” and “The Bed’s Too Big Without You”.

FOUND : In packing away stuff from Booterstown house I found the book I wanted to use for my Irish slang bit each week : it’s called “The book of feckin’ Irish Slang that’s great craic for cute hoors and bowsies”. Call it an alternative phrasebook for toursists if you will.

SPLIT : It was of course a shame to see these two going their separate ways. Everyone seems concerned about how his money will be divvied up since there was no pre-nup. Well at least it shouldn’t cost him an arm and a leg since she only needs a leg! Buh-bum-PISH! Sorry.

CRAIC... : ...is the first word I’ll take from the slang book and in Ireland it is pronounced “crack” and simply means “fun”. Believe it or not in Ireland you can ask for a pub where you can “get great craic” and noone will so much as bat an eyelid.

GOOGLING : Latest phrases to lead people here include …

“who lead argentina to the final and then lifted the trophy at mexico 86”

“crouching position police india”

“liverpool horny blogspot”

“militant republicanism short strand”

“meetings for textaholics”

I hope they all found what they were looking for.

Google phrases of the week appear courtesy of StatCounter.com

6 comments:

JL Pagano said...

The lyrics are from the Red Hot Chilli Peppers' "Under The Bridge", taken from the "Blood Sex Sugar Magik" album.

The anagram is simply taken from the words "Dan Brown The Da Vinci Code". It's amazing what you can do with a few Scrabble tiles and some time on your hands.

The Swearing Lady said...

Actually, it's the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Never let it be said that I have no eye for detail.

Mike Todd said...

I always like fixing the leaky pipes in our house. That's why I have plumber's craic.

JL Pagano said...

My humblle apollogies, Ms Swearing Llady. I willll make sure I never EVER llet that be said. ;-)

The Swearing Lady said...

You great Welsh llama.

Dolores McCrumble said...

I know it's a bit late now, but I thought Lordi were/are great. "Arockalypse" what a great lyric! That made my Eurovision!