Monday, May 08, 2006

bitesize bullets



TEN TOPICS…
NO PARTICULAR ORDER…
ONE MAN’S OPINIONS…
FIFTY WORD LIMIT ON EACH…
RESPECT FOR ME, RESPECT FOR MY FAMILY…



CHALLENGE : I had an idea the other day to spice up the “Lyrical” bullet each week by leaving the name of the song off the post and putting it in the comment section to see if you can work it out for yourself. Are you up for it?

TUNES : He may have gone on to earn a reputation as a writer of mushy drivel like “Lady In Red”, but I still contend that Chris de Burgh's earlier albums “Spanish Train” and “The Getaway” were quality, and the former is currently in my car stereo.

SLANG : The “Nextblogging” feature wasn’t doing it for me, so instead I’ll start introducing my non-Irish readers to various forms of Irish slang – this week I’ll focus on the word “scarleh”, pronounced just like it looks, and is used to denote embarrassment. It comes from saying “scarlet” in a Dublin accent.

LINK : Thanks yet again to Paige A Harrison for once more referring to me as "The Godfather of Blogging" and also to adding this site to her linklist. As a courtesy I’d be more than willing to whack any blogger that criticizes her in future, so be warned…

LYRICAL :
"When I'm deep inside of me
Don't be too concerned
I won't ask for nothin' while I'm gone
But when I want sincerity
Tell me where else can I turn
Because you're the only one that I depend on"


Know who sang that? Check the comments for the answer.


APE : I finally got to see Peter Jackson’s attempt at King Kong last week. It was definitely worth seeing for the special effects, particularly Kong himself. Also the bonus DVD features about the making of the film are interesting viewing.

SCARLEH : Now you know what this word means, I can now tell you that I was TOTALLY scarleh when I realized the character known as “Sarah” from my LifeSlice story about being a movie extra had found the post and read the whole thing! At least she thought it was “entertaining”…

SPURS : I don’t often cover sports here, but I have to pay tribute to what was a brilliant season for my favourite team. Though we were 4th since January and bumped down to 5th in the final game yesterday, it was still a great improvement on the past ten years.

PROGRESS : Not a good first week for my plans to get back to a decent weight – I actually put on two pounds. I put it down to stress surrounding my grandmother having difficuly settling into her new living situation. Hopefully things will improve on all front this week.

GOOGLING : Latest phrases to lead people here include …

“baseball commentator holy cow”

“song words for nottingham forest”

“she was fantasizing about”

“history of how we got to dog pampering”

“wedding jeff woman girl”

“virgin prunes t-shirt”


I hope they all found what they were looking for.


Google phrases of the week courtesy of StatCounter.com

1 comment:

JL Pagano said...

Ha - I knew you'd be curious! Well allow me to put you out of your misery, it's Billy Joel with "Honesty" from his album "52nd Street".