Monday, April 03, 2006

bitesize bullets



TEN TOPICS…
NO PARTICULAR ORDER…
ONE MAN’S OPINIONS…
FIFTY WORD LIMIT ON EACH…
NOBODY APRIL FOOLED ME THIS YEAR…



CHANGES : I am planning some radical changes for my blogs. I won’t have time to implement them for a while, but hopefully they will turn out well. I like to think I’m one of those “no point in doing it unless you feel you’re doing it right” kind of people.

TUNES: Since he was honoured last week by the Irish music industry for his achievements with the Boomtown Rats rather than his recent charitable exploits, I’m giving Bob Geldof’s band a listen on my car stereo. It’s ironic that I post these bullets on Monday; I hear he doesn’t like them!

ESSAYS… : …are something I haven’t been doing much of lately, so I plan to put that right this week, with one called “My Own Personal D-Day” which I will publish on Wednesday, and more to follow after that. I still haven’t plucked up the courage to have another stab at fiction!

NAMEDROPPING : Another essay I plan to write soon is one outlining my experience towards the end of last week, when I got to be an extra on the set of the next Brendan Gleeson movie, called “A Tiger’s Tail”, directed by John Boorman and due for release in 2007.

LINK : This week’s link shout-out goes to Gavin Sheridan, who with his “Gavin’s blog” was one of the pioneers of weblogging in Ireland. I got the chance to speak with him at the awards ceremony a few weeks ago, and I am honoured to now be on his blogroll.

BUSHBASHING : Just what Dubya was thinking sending NeoCon-doleeza to a mosque in Liverpool last week, I’ll never know. Her rhetoric was interesting when she referred to the numerous protestors as a sample of the democracy she was trying to bring to Iraq. Man, she has some set of teeth!

LYRICAL :
“And if a double decker bus
Kills the both of us
To die by your side
Is such a heavenly way to die”


The Smiths, “There Is A Light That Never Goes Out”, from “The Queen Is Dead”

RENTAL : This week’s rented movie highlight was the sequel to the serial killer thriller Saw. As follow-ups go, it definitely rates as one of the better ones. If you saw (ahem) the original and were impressed with the plot and its interesting twists, you won’t be disappointed here either.

STATWATCH : Although stats can never tell you preciesly who is reading your blog at a given moment, with a bit of common sense you can learn to be able to tell when your regulars are stopping by, and I’d like to take this opportunity to thank you all for doing so.

GOOGLING : Latest phrases to lead people here include …

“irish and pet and girlfriend”

“funny story and pictures of priests with beards”

“pampering words for a guy”

“see ya in irish” *

“pint size minister” *


I hope they all found what they were looking for.



StatWatch and Google phrases of the week courtesy of StatCounter.com

* = from my Irish Blog

1 comment:

Mike Todd said...

I hope you won't forget the little people now that you're a big movie star! That's cool, man. Congrats. Also, I don't think I could hang with Saw. I couldn't sleep for three days after watching The Ring, but maybe that's just because of the time, back when I was seven years old, that I died in a well.