Wednesday, March 01, 2006

my weathergirl



There are days the sun is shining
When I leave bales of hay unmade
And all the places I go hiding
Are forever bathed in shade

But when I see half empty cups
And need someone to spin me round
I know she’s there to pick me up
And turn my climate upside down

She’s my weathergirl
She’s my weathergirl
When I make weather heavy
She makes it lighter

She’s my weathergirl
She’s my weathergirl
The saviour of my rainy days
She makes them brighter

Now when the days are clear with blue skies
You can bet that I’ll find rain
Cos of the space between my two eyes
And the recesses of my brain

She'll crawl right in and drag me out
Cos she knows where my soul resides
She'll lead me back through all the doubt
A full moon to control my tides

She’s my weathergirl
She’s my weathergirl
When I make weather heavy
She makes it lighter

She’s my weathergirl
She’s my weathergirl
The saviour of my rainy days
She makes them brighter

Give me rosy glasses
I’ll look for thorns
Give me choirs of angels
I’ll look for horns
But give me a thousand words
That make me sad
It only takes her four
To make it all seem not so bad…

It’s gonna be alright
It’s gonna be alright

She’s my weathergirl
She’s my weathergirl
When I make weather heavy
She makes it lighter

She’s my weathergirl
She’s my weathergirl
The saviour of my rainy days
She makes them brighter


© JL Pagano 2006



click here for a full index of my poetry and song lyrics

No comments: