Monday, March 27, 2006

bitesize bullets



TEN TOPICS…
NO PARTICULAR ORDER…
ONE MAN’S OPINIONS…
FIFTY WORD LIMIT ON EACH…
BELATED HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY…



FEATURE : In response to a meme I see roaming the Blogosphere I’m adding yet another feature to my bitesize bullets – I’m going to reproduce some excerpts of lyrics from my favourite tunes, ones that I always found both unusual and inspirational.

TUNES : I remember robbing my mother’s copy of Joan Armatrading’s “The Key” just to bulk out my then-fledgling cassette collection back in the eighties. Ten years later, I finally listened to it, and with tunes like “Drop The Pilot” and “I Love It When You Call Me Names”, it wasn’t bad.

TRIPPED : My 8-year-old son needed four stitches above his eye yesterday after a fall. His sister was playing my keyboard and he was dancing around her but forgot about the electrical chord and fell into the coffee table. He was very brave at the hospital and is fine now.

AWWWW… : Imagine how I felt after my son said this while we were in A&E yesterday…

Me : “Wow, that’s the fourth time you’ve hit your head – I guess that’s your thing, right? Everyone has a thing!”

LittleGuy : “Yeah, and your thing is being a good Daddy.”

Goddam.


LADIES : Full marks for yesteray’s events must also go to my fiancée Sandra and my daughter RA, who were actually on the scene when he fell, and who both showed impressive calm during the aftermath. No doubt about it, I’m damn lucky to have the three of them in my life.

NEXTBLOGGING : After hitting my NextBlog button, I came to this site. Looks like a TeenBlog from the Phillippines. I wonder how Jason really feels about this quote… “jason n me hit 9 months today! ….haha..happy monthsary baby!hope we're crazy enough to go through a gazillion mor eof these..i love you!mwah!”

LYRICAL : “Find my name on your computer
Mention me in passing to your college tutor
Check my records check my facts
Check if I paid my income tax
Pour over everything in my CV
But you’ll still know nothin bout me”


Sting, “Nothing Bout Me” from “Ten Summoner’s Tales”

RENTAL : Last week I rented “Inside I’m Dancing” courtesy of Ireland’s answer to NetFlix. It’s well worth watching, with full marks in the plot, direction and especially lead-acting departments. Think of it as “My Left Foot” meets “The Odd Couple” and you have an idea.

STATWATCH : As I touched on last week, I feel the most important stat you can monitor for your blog is that for “Returning Visitors”. People drop by blogs all the time, like with Next Blogging and Googling, but the RV numbers tell you those that are impressed enough to come back.

GOOGLING : Latest phrases to lead people here include …

“pronunciation unit”

“write a boys from brazil paper”

“2 years without a shag”

“scottish stereotypes football national team kilts battle”

“scrotum waxing”

“great hiding places on yourself when flying” *


I hope they all found what they were looking for.



StatWatch and Google phrases of the week courtesy of StatCounter.com

* = from my Irish Blog

3 comments:

Dol said...

Re: Awwww

That is the cutest thing I've ever heard.

Mike Todd said...

I suppose telling an eight year old that chicks dig scars probably doesn't help much, huh? He sounds like a trooper.

On an unrelated note, I most definitely did not find the wealth of scrotum waxing information that Google led me to believe would be here. Please rectify at your earliest convenience.

Heidi said...

I'm so glad your son is okay. What he said was so precious! :)