Monday, March 20, 2006

bitesize bullets



TEN TOPICS…
NO PARTICULAR ORDER…
ONE MAN’S OPINIONS…
FIFTY WORD LIMIT ON EACH…
WILL 37 CANDLES FIT ON A CAKE? ...



FEATURE : Having exhausted the Yahoo Translator tool, I will now turn my attention to the “Next Blog” button which is always at the top of the page and see what I find out there. If I can’t make sense of what I see I will have to make nonsense of it.

TUNES: Currently residing in my car’s tape deck is the much under-appreciated debut album from REM called Murmur which has such tracks as Radio Free Europe, Catapult and Moral Kiosk. It’s always interesting to hear great bands’ recordings from the early days, in this case 1983.

BIRTHDAY : On March 21, 1969, I began breathing. No real plans for tomorrow. I’m not sure 37 is really an age you “celebrate”, though I fully intend to have one hell of a bash when I hit the big four-oh.

NEXTBLOGGING : My Next Blog button just brought me to this site. Can you make head or tail of what’s going on here? Looks like a teenager, probably in Australia, with an issue or six. Check out the profile tagline “Whoops – she dropped into the toilet bowl.”

LINK : This week’s link shout-out goes to GingerPixel, who was among the several bloggers I chickened out of introducing myself to at the awards last week. Thank you also for your kind words in your comments about my “1000 Words On…” essays.

RUGBY : The day after St Patrick’s Day WAS one for celebrating, as the Ireland rugby team beat England in her own backyard. Not only that, but it meant we won the “Triple Crown” having also beaten Scotland and Wales. I reckon Guinness sales have gone up a tad lately…

BUSHPRAISING : No it’s not a typo! Fair play to Dubya for distancing himself from Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams on St Patricks Day. Though he actually met him this year, I doubt the little incident at the airport was a mistake. On this one, Bush has received good advice IMHO.

SOPRANOS : I don’t want to ruin the opening of Series 6 for any fans in case they haven’t seen it so instead I will remind you of Uncle Junior’s famous joke : “Did you hear about the Chinese godfather? He’ll make you an offer you can’t understand!”

STATWATCH : Mostly thanks to the exposure it received at the awards ceremony last week, my Irish Blog “Ah Sure Ya Know Yerself” recently went through the 7,000 hit barrier and has been getting record returning visitor stats as well, which I feel is the most significant gauge of your blog’s readability.

GOOGLING : Latest phrases to lead people here include …

“origin of the word shag”

“ms. O’leary’s cow song lyrics”

“curiosity argentina 78”

“to be sure to be sure irish saying” *

“who’s irish and doesn’t know rain” *



I hope they all found what they were looking for.



StatWatch and Google phrases of the week courtesy of StatCounter.com

* = from my Irish Blog

4 comments:

Gingerpixel said...

Thanks for the shout out JL.

I like the Sopranos joke, I feel like I really missed the boat by not watching that series.

Liv said...

Well happy birthday in advance, in my personal opinion a birthday is always worth celebrating, its an excuse to drink an extra pint at least!

Mike Todd said...

Happy Birthday, mofo!

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday, JL! :)