Monday, March 06, 2006

bitesize bullets



TEN TOPICS…
NO PARTICULAR ORDER…
ONE MAN’S OPINIONS…
FIFTY WORD LIMIT ON EACH…
AND THE WINNER IS…



ENOUGH : Σκέφτομαι ότι είχα αρκετή διασκέδαση με το εργαλείο μεταφραστών Yahoo - χρόνος να βρεθεί ένα άλλο παιχνίδϊ, which is Greek to me, but should mean : “I think I have had enough fun with the Yahoo translator tool - time to find another toy!”

SCARY-ISH : Take The Blair Witch Project and Crocodile Dundee, mix well, add a pinch of Freddie Kreuger, let stand for a few years, you end up with Wolf Creek. I recommend you watch it, even if it’s only to work out how it can be “based on true events”.

IMMINENT : Have your fingers crossed for me next Saturday, as I will be in the Alexander Hotel in downtown Dublin to see how I get on in the Irish Blog Awards! It promises to be a fun night, and meeting fellow members of the Blog O’Sphere should be quite interesting…

OSCARS : What better subject to follow ones about movies and award ceremonies? Having said that, the Hollywood party holds little interest for me. I do wonder if there will be homophobic suggestions surrounding the overlooking of Brokeback Mountain for best pic, though…

STATWATCH : Since I started recording stats last May, I have recently gone over the 20,000 hit mark between my three blogs. It really is quite a buzz to get such feedback on your opinions. So what if you don’t make money from it?

TUNES : I recently bought the new Strokes album “First Impressions of Earth” and my own first impressions are these…neither it nor their last effort “Rooms on Fire” come near matching their impressive debut “Is This It?” I guess therefore it was.

LINK : I often have a thing or two to say about Irish politics, particularly matters in the northern part of the island. This week’s link shout-out goes to Julius Geezer who is never short of a word or two in defence of what he believes in. Keep the challenges coming, mate!

BUSHCRASHING : The Scotsman newspaper obtained the official police report of Dubya’s bike incident when at Gleneagles for the G8 summit last year. Apparently he was attempting to “pedal, wave and speak” at the same time. Also the officer he crashed into was officially reported to have been “hit by moving/falling object”.


PATTERN : I reckon this week’s “google phrases” (ie the last bullet) were all entered by the same person, and if so it makes for a rather alarming scenario, don’t you agree? The keywords are all genuine, I assure you.

GOOGLING : Latest phrases to lead people here include …

“horny mother in law”

“silken knickers”

“how do you shag someone”

“give a little bit of love and you get it back give a little bit of pain lyrics”

“world of odd balls”

“facing your demons”


I hope they all found what they were looking for.



StatWatch and Google phrases of the week courtesy of StatCounter.com

* = from my Irish Blog


2 comments:

Anna said...

I love Mondays :) Still trying to decide about Sunday... if I'm not there in person, I'll be rooting for you from home.

JL Pagano said...

Did I say Sunday? I meant Saturday! DOH! Hope you can make it all the same...