Monday, February 27, 2006

bitesize bullets



TEN TOPICS…
NO PARTICULAR ORDER…
ONE MAN’S OPINIONS…
FIFTY WORD LIMIT ON EACH…
I RECKON A CAPULET FIRED THE FIRST SHOT…



HEADING? : This week’s guest language for Yahoo’s translator tool is of course Chinese (traditional). When you run it back through into English it comes out : “One tolerates with the strange shag by JL Pagano”. I reckon I’d tolerate it, depending on how strange though…

TUNES : A bit of eighties Britpop nostaliga for me in the car lately – I’ve had the greatest hits of Lloyd Cole and the Commotions in the tape deck reminding me of classics like “Brand New Friend” and “Are You Ready To Be Heartbroken?”.

STATWATCH : For the first time since I began my obsession with blog stats last May, it seems my Irish site will receive more hits than ABOPATOS for a calendar month [Feb ‘06], and it also recently passed the 6,000 hit milestone.

SIDEWAYS : I saw this DVD last week and I must admit I was pleasantly surprised. It was not all about winetasting as I feared and actually had quite a compelling story with interesting twists. Well worth a rental if you ask me. Thelma & Louise for blokes.

CREATIVITY : I penned a new song last week, all about my fiancée Sandra. I won’t lie, I’m a bit nervous about posting it, cos it’s a wee bit mushy! I’ll let it loose on Wednesday nonetheless – it’s called “My Weathergirl”.

BEAD : Speaking of songs, I’d like to give a plug to my mate Dave Dwyer, aka “Bead”, who is a singer/songwriter himself, and he has just started his own myspace site – check it out for a free listen to some of his stuff.

BUSHBASHING : This week’s swipe at the NeoCons is brilliantly executed by this link – check it out and make sure you have your sound switched on. Thanks to Gavin’s Blog for the heads up.

LIBERALBASHING : In the spirit of fair play, I’m allowing one of Dubya’s supporters to bash back this week, courtesy of my blogger buddy James Shott. I never thought a joke involving the Pope and the President could be clean, poke fun at my values, AND be funny. This has it all.

PADDY : Just to keep the chuckle theme going, check out this post from Curly K over at That Friday Feeling, where it seems that Ireland have declared war on the French.

GOOGLING : Latest phrases to lead people here include …

“rugby poem funeral”

“fixing ticking radiators”

“shag till you can’t stand”

“chomping at the bit” *

“the shoot out between the capulets and the montagues at the petrol station” *


I hope they all found what they were looking for.


StatWatch and Google phrases of the week courtesy of StatCounter.com

* = from my Irish Blog

1 comment:

James Howard Shott said...

True to your word, my friend.

Thanks for the link.

I've been away for several days, but I plan a big update to A Little Levity soon.

Thanks, again.