Monday, February 13, 2006

bitesize bullets



TEN TOPICS…
NO PARTICULAR ORDER…
ONE MAN’S OPINIONS…
FIFTY WORD LIMIT ON EACH…
DON’T FORGET TO VOTE FOR ME



HEADING? : This week’s guest language for Yahoo’s translator tool is of course Russian. When you run it back through into English it comes out : “TO A LITTLE PAMPER THE ODD SHAG JL Pagano”. That's the closest to the original so far.

TUNES : To honour their amazing 5-for-5 achievement in Grammy nominations/awards, I’ve been on a U2 buzz in the car lately, with my favourite album of theirs, “The Unforgettable Fire” currently getting airtime. What do Bono & co have to do for their legacy to match that of the Beatles?

SHAME : I still cannot comprehend this story. According to the Daily Mail, the Congo Football Federation decided to wait until their team was eliminated from the recent African Nations Cup before they informed captain Lomano LuaLua that his 18-month-old son had died from a “mystery illness” three weeks before. Absolutely disgraceful.

PUNS”R”US : Since no matter how many records Elvis Costello sells, he will never eclipse the total of his namesake Mr Presley, does that make him The Lesser Of Two Elvis’?

BUSHBASHING : This week’s BushBash is unusual in that I actually feel a bit sorry for the guy. Talk about being between a rock and a hard place – he could hardly avoid Coretta Scott King’s funeral, yet it was the perfect opportunity for his political opponents to criticise him to his face.

MOMMA : Give me a choice between going to see “Big Momma’s House 2” and having my eyeballs pickled, skewered on a cocktail stick and served in a giant martini, I’d gladly spring for the glass. I’m sorry, but this looks like a movie for morons.

COMIC : Best of luck to fellow blogger, Shaggy award winner and regular ABOPATOS visitor Dol for her new comic Don & Doll. If it’s anything like her previous effort Tales of a Receptionist, it will be well worth following.

DICKBASHING : It appears the much sought after “smoking gun” has finally been found. Turns out VP Cheney had it all along, as one of his millionaire buddies literally got it in the neck while out hunting for quail. Or was it Quayle? Jon Stewart won’t be short on material this week!

LINK : This week’s link shout-out has to go to CurlyK at “That Friday Feeling” for being mad enough to link all three (count ‘em) of my blogs! She’ll see sense soon enough I'm sure...

GOOGLING : Latest phrases to lead people here include …

“new mexico army specialized training program”

“all politics is local who said it first”

“kickin dance”

“sandra storms” *

“sean moncrieff united texters” *

“mairead mcguinness adoption” *

“colin mcglinchey barman” *


I hope they all found what they were looking for.


Google phrases of the week courtesy of StatCounter.com

* = from my Irish Blog

6 comments:

Dolores said...

Thanks for the plug! It does feel good to be putting my silly doodles on t'internet again. Hurray for free webhosting!

Curly K said...

Yeah, thanks for my plug too. I have to be honest and admit I usually skim over the football content in your blogs but that one about the Congo team takes some beating - the absolute b*****ds! How can you do that to a parent - the heartlessness is beyond belief!

JL Pagano said...

You are both welcome for your plugs.

CK - I am both shocked and appalled that you would even consider skimming over my excellent reportage!

And yes, it is indeed beyond belief.

Curly K said...

Jesus, JL, if that's all that it takes to shock you, you've led a sheltered life! Somehow I don't think so!

Yeah, funny that, how descriptions of grown men running around a field after a small ball doesn't get me excited - I must be abnormal. Will get myself seen to!

Curly K said...

PS Just thought, if this were my blog I'd change the wording around

"A lot of shagging (please God) and feck the bit of pampering (we're in Ireland for God's sake, men don't pamper you)!!

JL Pagano said...

FINALLY someone gets the irony! LOL