Monday, February 06, 2006

bitesize bullets



TEN TOPICS…
NO PARTICULAR ORDER…
ONE MAN’S OPINIONS…
FIFTY WORD LIMIT ON EACH…
HOPEFULLY NO RELIGIONS WILL TAKE OFFENSE…



HEADING? : This week’s guest language for Yahoo’s translator tool is of course German. When you run it back through into English it comes out : “A little spoiling and the odd burl by JL Pagano”



TUNES : The latest inhabitant of my car stereo is Sting’s magnum opus from his solo career, the excellent “Ten Summoner’s Tales”.

NOMINATE : Voting for the Irish Blog Awards is now open, and I wish everyone involved well and I sincerely hope the best blog wins…ah screw that – VOTE FOR ME!!! Either Best Blogger or Best Blog Post [or both ;-)]. And be sure to click the box at the bottom that verifies your vote!



SUPER : Seemingly this year’s SuperBowl was the most easily marketable of all time simply because the roman numerals for the 40th edition of the event spelled the letters “XL”. I’m sorry, but I just can’t buy into the hype when my 49ers aren’t doing well. Congrats to Pittsburgh though.

CARTOON : To be angry about a cartoon portraying the greatest icon of your religion as a violent terrorist is understandable. However, to turn that anger into violent terrorism all over the world is downright hypocritical. I hope we in the west are smart enough to recognise the work of Extremists.



MANAMANA : Got a few minutes to spare and want a bit of cheering up? Click this link from RedMum, scroll to where you see these two creatures, and click play. Guaranteed to evoke both a smile and Muppet-astic nostaliga.

FISHY : Thanks to Kaz and her Yahoo360 blog for this pearl of wisdom : “Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day!” Hmmm…beer…



BUSHBASHING : Dubya may be losing friends fast anyway, but when you see a picture like this, you start to wonder just how far up the ladder his dwindling support goes! Thanks to United Irelander for leading me to the pic.

PROCRASTINATION… : …is by far and away my greatest vice. I swear I’m going to do something about it one of these days.

GOOGLING : Latest phrases to lead people here include …

“klingon university courses”

“you and me were never meant to be lyrics”

“pet names girlfriend” *

“picture of clonskeagh mosque, dublin” *

“ya know yerself” *


I hope they all found what they were looking for.

Google phrases of the week courtesy of StatCounter.com

* = from my Irish Blog

5 comments:

Michèle said...

Good luck with the Irish Blog Award vote. You got mine!

shandi said...

Voted for ya. Good luck!!!

Anna said...

My votes are in as well... I'm crossing something for ya!

sex scenes at starbucks said...

OMG!!!! I just put that disc in my car as well.

That settles it. We're soul mates.

Mike Todd said...

Dude, I like that one song about playing cards. Can't remember the name.

I was just about to vote for you, but then I saw your old pal Twenty Major in the list and went for him instead. Haha. Just kidding. Chalk yourself up another vote. Good luck, mofo.