Monday, January 30, 2006

bitesize bullets



TEN TOPICS…
NO PARTICULAR ORDER…
ONE MAN’S OPINIONS…
FIFTY WORD LIMIT ON EACH…
IT’S GOOD TO BE BACK BLOGGING…



HEADING? : As you can see by the blog title I’ve found a new toy online – Yahoo’s translator tool. You can have a bit of fun with it, especially when you know the translation probably bears no resemblance to the original meaning whatsoever. This week’s guest tongue is of course French.



TUNES : I’ve been catching up on my pre-Christmas album purchases and lately it has been Gorillaz’ latest “Demon Days”. Not only are these guys innovative with the whole “virtual band” concept, they also produce some kickin dance tunes.

SLANG : I’m not quite sure if I’m at the right age to get away with the phrase “kickin dance tunes”. In fact, I know for a fact I would never use that in speech. Please forgive me. These things are important you know.



LOST : Halfway through series 2, I’m still enjoying this show. From the get-go I was impressed, but I was curious as to how they could expand the mystery behind the plot beyond one full season. I just hope they keep it up and don’t end up stranded like the leading characters.

INLAW : I have written here before about my brother-in-law-to-be John and his blog about self harm. Yesterday a leading Irish Sunday paper ran an extensive article about his story, click here to have a look, it's a damn interesting read.



SOCCER : It’s just 18 weeks to the start of the World Cup in Germany, and every Friday between now and then I’ll be doing a series of posts which I will call “Sprechen Sie Fußball?” to help set the stage for the greatest single sport event on earth.

LINK: This week’s link shout-out is long overdue on account of my break. Thanks to That Girl from Thinking Out Loud who is the first to actually link both of my main blogs on her site (honourable mention to Kieran who linked my sports blog when I had one).



LONGEVITY : I am still reeling from the news that actor Christopher Lee aka Count Dooku and Soroman is currently in his – wait for it – EIGHTY-FOURTH year of life. I’m tellin ya, if I’m half as active as he is at that age I won’t be complaining!

BUSHBASHING: You gotta love the way Dubya talks his way into dilemmas. Having continuously espoused the merits of democracy in the Middle East, he must now face the uncertain future posed by Hamas’ incredible victory in the Palestinian elections. It will be interesting to see how the Israelis respond.

GOOGLING : Latest phrases to lead people here include …

“hossenfeffer german meaning”

“photograph of mr pat rabbitte”

“odd looking chairs”

"letterman o'reilly crap"

I hope they all found what they were looking for.

7 comments:

Michèle said...

Hmmm . . . I was wondering how this "new" blog ended up getting listed in my Bloglines feeds. Now I know . . .

Glad to see you're back!

shandi said...

J'ai toujours voulu savoir je dirais que "j'ai deux boutons de ventre" en français. Est-ce que maintenant comment je le dirais dans l'Irlandais ?

Heureux de voir que vous blogging encore.

JL Pagano said...

When you put that back through the do-hickey it comes out :

I always wanted to know I would say that "I have two buttons of French
belly". Now how I would say it in the Irishman?

Happy to see that you blogging still.


Told you it was fun!

Merci beaucoups!

Anonymous said...

A LITTLE TO CHERISH AND THE CARPET WITH LONG HAIRS ODD

Mike Todd said...

Nice to have you back, man! Oui indeedy.

Dol said...

Hee, I knew a little thing like real life wouldn't keep you away. Oh and I've changed my blog url to http://www.freewebs.com/dolshouse/news.htm/(not that it's much of a blog). Y'know, just to be awkward.

Jodes said...

cool post.......