Monday, January 09, 2006

bitesize bullets



TEN TOPICS…
NO PARTICULAR ORDER…
ONE MAN’S OPINIONS…
FIFTY WORD LIMIT ON EACH…
OH, AND HAPPY NEW YEAR…



PROGRESS : It was with great trepidation that I stood on the scales yesterday, to discover I had only put on six pounds in the four weeks since I last posted about my weightloss quest. Now I’m back on my regime, hopefully I won’t be long in losing that and then some.



TUNES : What do buy the man who has everything for Christmas? Music store vouchers! Among my purchases this year were the impressive debut album from Kaiser Chiefs [imagine a cross between Oasis and Madness], plus Eminem’s Greatest Hits [I was annoyed the song ‘Mosh’ was nowhere to be seen]

#1 : My First New Year’s Resolution was to reward myself with a week’s grace from commencing my 2006 ones for having done so well on my 2005 ones. They come into effect today.



GERMANY : 2006 is a World Cup year, everyone, so be prepared to have the pants bored off you by this particular soccer-mad blogger over the coming months, even if my Boys In Green didn’t make it! At least my boys in red, white and blue are there for me to follow!

#2 : My Second New Year’s Resolution is about being a wise-ass. I have a tendency to look for a joke or smart comment when it isn’t appropriate. It’s high time I appeciate not everyone shares my sense of humour and did something about it. That doesn't apply to my blog, however!



LABEL : Thanks to Coyote over at Howl @ The Moon for blogging about the Whackiest Label of the Year awards, the first prize of which went to the makers of a heatgun for the crucial public safety inscription : “Do Not Use As Hairdryer!”

#3 : My Third New Year’s Resolution is to make my food/exercise regime, which was so successful towards the end of last year, my standard regime so I don’t even feel the need to blog about it anymore.



NARNIA : Brought the kids to see Narnia yesterday. It was clearly an attempt by Disney to cash in on the Lord of the Rings hysteria, and they made a reasonably good job of it. I wouldn’t mind a bit of whatever CS Lewis was smoking when he dreamt up this tale!

#4 : My Fourth and Final New Year’s Resolution is to find a happy medium with my blogging obsession. Over my two blogs, never more than one post per day, never more than half an hour taken up in a day, and 2-3 posts per week on each, are the targets.

GOOGLING : Latest phrases to lead people here include …

“pampering myself”

“john spencer secret gay”

“backyard nudity”

“m one 6”

and of course…

“the one that b** e****** did for a laugh two weeks ago that I didn’t write down”

I hope they all found what they were looking for.

3 comments:

sex scenes at starbucks said...

My neighbor Chello will be commentating at the World Cup.

And if you're curious to know what my husband looks like: he came downstairs yesterday and made my other neighbor (Chello's wife) about jump out of her seat. "God I thought you were my husband!" she said.

Ok, name dropping episode is over and done for the day.

sex scenes at starbucks said...

And please never give up on your smart comments, even in person. The world is in desperate need of more smart-asses!!

Mike Todd said...

I wish I'd have read the "Label" bullet before I set my head on fire.