• PROGRESS : It was with great trepidation that I stood on the scales yesterday, to discover I had only put on six pounds in the four weeks since I last posted about my weightloss quest. Now I’m back on my regime, hopefully I won’t be long in losing that and then some.
• TUNES : What do buy the man who has everything for Christmas? Music store vouchers! Among my purchases this year were the impressive debut album from Kaiser Chiefs [imagine a cross between Oasis and Madness], plus Eminem’s Greatest Hits [I was annoyed the song ‘Mosh’ was nowhere to be seen]
• #1 : My First New Year’s Resolution was to reward myself with a week’s grace from commencing my 2006 ones for having done so well on my 2005 ones. They come into effect today.
• GERMANY : 2006 is a World Cup year, everyone, so be prepared to have the pants bored off you by this particular soccer-mad blogger over the coming months, even if my Boys In Green didn’t make it! At least my boys in red, white and blue are there for me to follow!
• #2 : My Second New Year’s Resolution is about being a wise-ass. I have a tendency to look for a joke or smart comment when it isn’t appropriate. It’s high time I appeciate not everyone shares my sense of humour and did something about it. That doesn't apply to my blog, however!
• LABEL : Thanks to Coyote over at Howl @ The Moon for blogging about the Whackiest Label of the Year awards, the first prize of which went to the makers of a heatgun for the crucial public safety inscription : “Do Not Use As Hairdryer!”
• #3 : My Third New Year’s Resolution is to make my food/exercise regime, which was so successful towards the end of last year, my standard regime so I don’t even feel the need to blog about it anymore.
• NARNIA : Brought the kids to see Narnia yesterday. It was clearly an attempt by Disney to cash in on the Lord of the Rings hysteria, and they made a reasonably good job of it. I wouldn’t mind a bit of whatever CS Lewis was smoking when he dreamt up this tale!
• #4 : My Fourth and Final New Year’s Resolution is to find a happy medium with my blogging obsession. Over my two blogs, never more than one post per day, never more than half an hour taken up in a day, and 2-3 posts per week on each, are the targets.
• GOOGLING : Latest phrases to lead people here include …
“john spencer secret gay”
“m one 6”
and of course…
“the one that b** e****** did for a laugh two weeks ago that I didn’t write down”
I hope they all found what they were looking for.