Saturday, December 31, 2005

post of the year 2005 : #1

This blog has given me an opportunity to publish the lyrics to several songs I have written over the years – some I am really proud of, some have me wondering “What the HELL was I thinking?”

For my personal choice of post of the year (from this blog alone of course), I would have to go with this song I wrote in a couple of hours back on July 27. Who knows – maybe sometime in 2006 I will have the guts to actually record it, for it has a full music score to go with it.

Don't forget, folks, I started a meme the other day, so if you have a blog you know what you gotta do - at the very least re-publish your favourite post from 2005 for us all to enjoy. You know the rules, a meme is a meme after all!

Have a happy and prosperous New Year, everyone – and thank you for all your continued readership and support. I plan to be back to whatever “normal” is on January 8th.

why can't you see the madness?


What use all your talent
When you have no desire
What use knowing truth
When you were born a liar

What use a Rolex watch
When you won’t find the time
What use a silken ladder
When you won’t try to climb

Maybe one day hell will freeze
And I will see what your mind sees
A forest hidden by all the trees

If you can see the black cats
That cross your path each day
And if you can see injustice
From many miles away
If all your worldly wisdom
Affords you perfect sight
Then why can’t you see the madness in your life?

What use a song about you
When you don’t want to hear
What use my sharing demons
When you can’t see my fear

Maybe one day hell will freeze
And I will see what your mind sees
A forest hidden by all the trees

If you can see the black cats
That cross your path each day
And if you can see injustice
From many miles away
If all your worldly wisdom
Affords you perfect sight
Then why can’t you see the madness in your life?

I love you
Cos I have to
But it’s still love
Why can’t you see?

You hurt me
Cos you had to
But it still hurts
Why can’t you see?

If you can see the black cats
That cross your path each day
And if you can see injustice
From many miles away
If all your worldly wisdom
Affords you perfect sight
Then why can’t you see the badness
Why can’t you see my sadness
And why can’t you see the madness in your life?

© JL Pagano 2005



click here for a full index of my poetry and song lyrics

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I really like this lyric. It's the first one of yours that I have properly read. especially the stanza with cats...

It makes me wonder what else you have written and when I can make the time to read more.

Your idea of having a blog on which you publish your song lyrics and poetry is one i am going to borrow. I have a "Diary" which I wrote almost daily while i was getting ready to become a dad again, leave UK and move to Cork.

Also I have a huge collection of poems, only a fraction of which have seen a reader's light.

Enough, just get on a do it Paul...

omaniblog.blogs.ie

John said...

You lyrics keep getting better, maybe your byrd can sing one at the wedding.
LOL

Heidi said...

hands down the best lyrics I have read on your blog, JL. and that's saying alot!

I adore the depth of these lyrics, and I dare say I was humming along to a tune as I read thru them.

damn fine work! :)