Monday, December 19, 2005

bitesize bullets



TEN TOPICS…
NO PARTICULAR ORDER…
ONE MAN’S OPINIONS…
FIFTY WORD LIMIT ON EACH…



DRINKS : If you will be in Dublin City Centre on Tuesday evening from around 6pm, you are more than welcome to join some bloggers for a few drinks in Kehoe’s pub on South Anne St.



RIP : One of my favourite TV shows lost one of its finest actors last week. John Spencer, who played Leo McGarry in The West Wing, died at 58 of a heart attack, a case of tragic irony as his character survived one in the storyline just over a year ago.

DECORATIONS : I was briefly considering some minimalist festive décor for my blog template until I saw my MakePovertyHistory banner did it for me. Feel free to click it to learn the latest goings on in the campaign.



TUNES : Just before Phil Collins gave up his Genesis roots once and for all and decided that corny smoochy ballads were the only way to make a living, he produced the excellent “Hello I Must Be Going!” which is in my car’s cassette deck for the time being.

BUSHBASHING : Dubya’s latest on possible withdrawal from Iraq:
“We would hand Iraq over to enemies who have pledged to attack us - and the global terrorist movement would be emboldened and more dangerous than ever before.”
The man has a point – they don’t want to make the same mistake twice!!!



EXORCISM : I went to see The Exorcism of Emily Rose last week – seemingly it is “based on a true story”. Being a hardened sceptic, I reckon it’s an extremely loose basis. Had they at least suggested a logical path out of the story I may have given them one thumb up.

TRUST : Sometimes I notice that one of the more unusual examples in my “Googling” segment at the end of these posts leads people to try the phrase out themselves to see if it leads back to here after all. Shame on you guys for not trusting me!!!



CONGRATULATIONS : …albeit belated ones to fellow blogger Benny K over at Sucking On Oranges for his recent nuptials. Also, having multiple blogs myself, I’d like to plug his sister site In The Key of Orange which regularly challenges your musical tastes.

ETIQUETTE : I never mind when someone leaves a comment attacking the content of my posts, provided (a) they at least leave a penname and don’t remain Anonymous, and (b) I reckon the author of a blog should always be allowed the last word on a topic. Any thoughts?

GOOGLING : Latest phrases to lead people here include …


“what kind of presents do children in ireland get in their stockings?”

“billboards in the sky lyrics”

“example letter looking for my biological father”

“pokemon shag”

“tell us something we don't know”


I hope they all found what they were looking for.

2 comments:

Benny K said...

Thanks for the congratulations (and the nod), JL. It's always an honor to be recognized by a high-quality blog such as yours. Thank you.

sex scenes at starbucks said...

Awe damn, I'm going to be there on Wednesday, not Tuesday.

Ok, just kidding...