Monday, December 12, 2005

bitesize bullets



TEN TOPICS…
NO PARTICULAR ORDER…
ONE MAN’S OPINIONS…
FIFTY WORD LIMIT ON EACH…



PROGRESS : As promised, the five pounds I had regained last week are both gone and forgotten. Now we’re entering the Christmas season, I won’t post about my progress again until the Monday after the 25th. My target is to be the same weight I am now. Wish me luck.



GROUP : The draw was made last Friday for the football World Cup, which will take place next summer in Germany. Since Ireland didn’t qualify, my allegiance is with the USA, though they have a tough task in their group which includes Italy, Ghana and the Czech Republic.

SCHOOLDAYS : Thanks to RedMum for leading me to this brilliant site. You just key in your high school and the date you graduated and it searches its vast database for your school photograph. I was amazed by mine, and I was reminded of how I used to drive my teachers bananas!



TUNES : Among the cassettes that are travelling in the car with me this week I have U2’s first two albums, Boy and October, plus one I reckon deserves the title of Most Underrated Synth-Pop Album of the Eighties, Nick Kershaw’s “The Riddle”.

TOONS : Normally I ignore the kids TV shows, but yesterday I found myself glued to a cartoon movie they were watching. Titled “Fairly Odd Parents : Channel Chasers”, it parodies virtually every popular cartoon ever made. It’s a riot - check it out if you can.



CAMERON : Even though he’s only three years older than I am, David Cameron has just been elected leader of the second largest party in the UK, and given their electoral system over there, could very well overtake his new nemesis Tony Blair in double quick time.

BUSHBASHING: Thanks once more to Blondsense for this one…

Donald Rumsfeld is giving the President his daily briefing. He concludes by saying:

"Yesterday 3 Brazilian soldiers were killed."

"Oh my gosh, that's terrible!”, Dubya replied, with a look of concern, adding:

“How many is a Brazillion again?"



KENNY : I’ve seen several blogs out there with customized South Park characters so I decided to find the site and have a go at creating a JL Pagano version. Here it is – whaddya think? Have a go yourself!

ETIKET: You see an inspiring post on another blog, and you want to link to it on yours. Trouble is, they have a key word spelled wrong. What do you do? (a) spell it wrong yourself (b) spell it correctly yourself (c) exhaust your thesaurus (d) forget the whole thing.

GOOGLING : Latest phrases to lead people here include …


“bob geldof funny irish christmas song”

“willo flood pasty”

“gaelic games sample fundamental”

“brick pile incident bastogne”

“pubs that open at 6am in the morning in sheffield”

“british jolly indeed certainly odd”


I hope they all found what they were looking for.

3 comments:

Zeus_God_of_the_God's said...

wat an unique template....

JL Pagano said...

Not half as unique as your penname and photo!

Thanks for stopping by, ZGotG.

Red Mum said...

He he, you drove your teachers bananas! Nice one.