Monday, December 05, 2005

bitesize bullets



TEN TOPICS…
NO PARTICULAR ORDER…
ONE MAN’S OPINIONS…
FIFTY WORD LIMIT ON EACH…



PROGRESS : On Thursday we had our “Thirst Fursday Christmas Bash” which included a slap up Thai meal so I had two pigouts in the last week which added back five pounds. Still, I’m confident that having no junk yesterday plus a week back to normal should get me down again.



HOLLY : Meet the new member of Sandra’s family – she and her brother got this cute little thing over the weekend to stay with their mother and keep her company. My kids cannot wait to go see her.

PICTURE : I didn’t like that bullet-biting picture that I used last week; luckily, the old one is back. Sometimes I wonder if constantly using pics from other sites will one day get me into trouble.



TUNES : Nowadays my hobby is blogging. As a teenager it was collecting music on cassette. I still have over 600 albums (some of them quite embarrassing!). I plan to start taking them with me in the car and catching up. Among this week’s batch is The Police’s “Ghost In The Machine”.

BUSHBASHING : Hat-tip to the gang over at Blondsense for this oldie-yet-still-a-goodie : The White House has decided not to host a Nativity Scene this year. Although they have plenty of asses for the stable, they simply haven’t been able to find three wise men and a virgin.



FITTING: Football legend George Best’s funeral on Saturday morning was a very moving occasion. The most telling feature of the day was the way the two deeply divided communities in Northern Ireland were able to put aside their differences to pay their respects, as would have been his wish.

LINK : This week’s link shout-out is actually one to my Irish blog, but it was such a good plug I felt it deserved a mention here too. Unfortunately I don’t have much info on the blog’s author to go on, but in case he reads this, thanks anyway.



COMFORT : While sitting in a Dublin pub minding our own business on Saturday night, Sandra and I were suddenly approached by a college kid describing the wonders of drinking Southern Comfort. Twenty minutes later he came back to tell us we had won the promotion’s star prize, a presentation box set.

IRONY : I always laugh when I watch a Scottish Premier League football game. Who in their right minds had the idea to allow optician chain SpecSavers to be sponsors of the referees’ uniforms? Do they not get enough grief as it is?

GOOGLING : Latest phrases to lead people here include …


“limericks on pampering”

“rabbit basketball offence”

“reebok katrina down jacket”

“shag tag on friday in scotland”

“brainteasers only the priest can leave the island”

“noel gallagher the gap san francisco”


I hope they all found what they were looking for.

3 comments:

Benny K said...

And to think I pride myself on owning just over 400 albums! For shame...

James Howard Shott said...

• PICTURE : I didn’t like that bullet-biting picture that I used last week; luckily, the old one is back. Sometimes I wonder if constantly using pics from other sites will one day get me into trouble.

Didn't you save the pic to your hard drive so that you can access it whenever you like? If you are worried about trouble, simply acknowledge your source for the photo. That should take care of any problems.

Cheers!

JL Pagano said...

Benny - I bet if I didn't count all the albums I'd rather not admit ownership of, our collections would be a lot more equal.

JHS - You'd think I would have had the sense to do that, wouldn't you? Truth be told I was a bit lazy in that I copy/pasted the HTML from the first bitesize bullet post I ever did onto an MS Word document and all I do now is change things around a bit and copy/paste it back. Thanks for the tip, though, I will do that in future.