Monday, November 21, 2005

bitesize bullets



TEN TOPICS…
NO PARTICULAR ORDER…
ONE MAN’S OPINIONS…
FIFTY WORD LIMIT ON EACH…



PROGRESS : Though there was only a drop of two pounds this week, I’d be happy with that for the next while, and then I’d expect it to level off. 21lbs in 5 weeks ain’t too shabby overall. Thanks again to Sandra for keeping me on track.

CONGRATS : …to my friend and regular reader Conor whose wife is expecting their first baby next summer. He chose to inform me by way of a mime that was meant to illustrate a pregnant bump but which I first took to mean big boobies. Shows where my mind is.

POEM : My latest lyrical offering was a lot of fun to do. I re-worked the words of Billy Joel’s classic “We Didn’t Start The Fire” concentrating on Irish history. It’s here if you want to check it out, but you do need to know the subject matter to get it.

SPORTS : In keeping with my “less is more” blogging policy, I have decided to terminate my “Just As Well It’s Only A Game” blog and in future I will vent my sporting spleen on my two main sites, with posting mainly taking place on Sundays.

LINK : I recommend all bloggers use the “Who Links To Me” button you see on the right hand side – it’s a great way of keeping up with whoevers keeping up with you. It’s good to see Dol is back in the Blogsphere – check out both her site and her comic strip.

PISTOL : Irish political blunder of the week had to be our pint-size Minister for Defence Wille O’Dea allowing himself to be photographed aiming an automatic weapon at the camera in a week where gun violence was at the forefront of the news headlines. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

OZ : I know I already said I’d do sports on Sundays, but I’d still like to congratulate the Australian soccer team, aka the “Socceroos”, for qualifying for the World Cup finals in Germany next summer. They will undoubtedly be a welcome colourful addition to the greatest single-sport festival on earth.

RALPH : …Feinnes does a jolly good job portraying a stiff-upper-lip British diplomat in “The Constant Gardner” which I saw last night. It is definitely worth seeing, especially if you like your thrillers with plenty of sex, intrigue and scandal. I like the way the frantic cinematography mirrors the lead character’s confusion.

MILESTONES : Last Friday’s post here was my 300th for this blog, while tomorrow’s over on my Irish site will be my 200th there, which by my reckoning makes this one my 500th over all. I also recently passed the 11,000 hits mark between the two since I discovered StatCounter last May.

GOOGLING : Latest phrases to lead googlers here include …

“84 words personality”

“hold him down strapon mistresses”

“where to get a free shag”

“heineken dartboard”

“vegetarian logos”

“stories of losing virginity on the wedding night”

"beautiful legs sexy crutches"

I hope they all found what they were looking for.

3 comments:

Anna said...

Great stuff, Jeff!

By the way, is Sandra for hire?

Garry said...

If it had been 'beautiful legs sweaty crutches' I would have known it was someone from round our way.

The Pig Sty's nearly a year old! And I've just gotten a stat counter - is that how you know the google search terms?

JL Pagano said...

Anna - Thanks, and she hopes to be for hire one day [as a fitness trainer] so i'll keep you posted

Garry - For a free service, StatCounter is excellent. It gives you detailed info on your last 100 hits - what country they are in, what they googled to get to you, exactly what pages they saw, and most importantly IMHO, it tells you how many RETURNING visitors you get, which I feel is the best gauge of how interesting your blog is.

Happy Blogiversary!