Monday, November 14, 2005

bitesize bullets



TEN TOPICS…
NO PARTICULAR ORDER…
ONE MAN’S OPINIONS…
FIFTY WORD LIMIT ON EACH…



PROGRESS : It just goes to show how you can use your blog to motivate yourself. I said I’d shed more pounds by this week and lo and behold, another five pounds gone. Not sure what my target weight is just yet, but here’s hoping the trend will continue for now.

COMPLETION : Thank you all again for following my “1000 Words On…” series which I wrapped up last week, and best of luck to Kieran over at Wit and Prophecy who is gearing up to try something similar. I for one certainly found publishing the essays to be a rewarding experience.

FUTURE :Now my well of pre-written material is virtually dry, I plan to expand on my “Lifeslices” series for the next while, and I also suspect the impending visit of my dear mother will inspire a post or twenty! I’m hoping cutting down posts on my Irish blog will also help.

TUNES : It was time to beef up my CD collection last week and my latest additions include Franz Ferdinand’s first album, plus the latest offerings from David Gray, Gorillaz and Coldplay. I’m still coming to grips with them, but I am definitely impressed so far.

LINKS : This week’s newly discovered link shout-outs go to Caoimhe [wonderful Irish name, roughly pronounced “keeva”] and the evocatively-chosen-handle “Sex”. Thank you both. Hopefully my quality over quantity approach to posting will give me more time to sample the excellent material on my BlogRoll and beyond in return.

SCRUBS : Love the show, mostly because it’s hilarious, but sometimes they come up with a telling quote. In one episode JD says of his colleague/best friend/former lover Elliott : “… even if it breaks your heart to be 'just friends', if you really care about someone, you'll take the hit.

BACK : Arguably the best sketch comedy of the 21st century, Little Britain is back for a third series this Thursday, and I can’t wait. If you like the show you may enjoy this post I did when the whole “Prince Harry-dressed-as-Nazi” scandal was in the news.

SUDOKU : Though I’m hardly an addict, the puzzles are a novel way of passing the time, and their popularity is growing by the day. It REALLY bugs me when people say they are turned against them because they are “no good at maths”. THERE IS NO MATHS INVOLVED IN SOLVING THEM!!!!

BLAIR : Poor old Tony is in danger of leaving 10 Downing Street with a whimper rather than a bang. His party colleagues finally rallied against him last week to vote down radical new terrorist policing laws. For me it shows that even supposedly comfortable premierships can still be held democratically accountable.

GOOGLING : Latest phrases to lead surfers here include …

“see me shag”,
“odd looking beds”,
“married at 54 in asia”,
“when did the yankee’s win the pennant?”,
“critics of the papacy”,and
“the top ten hilarious paddy irishman jokes in the world”.

I hope they all found what they were looking for.

4 comments:

KnackeredKaz said...

You lost 5lb in a week? Am I reading that correctly?! If so I hate you with more passion than I've ever hated anyone in my life! (See my disastrous attempts at WeightWatchers on my blog!)

Good post though, I'll be back!

sex scenes at starbucks said...

your addition to my bloghop list was much delayed due to laziness. glad you're happy I rectified the situation.

Mike Todd said...

You're the man, JL! I still like those bullets. Good idea.

JG said...

David Gray's new one is great. I stick it on when I'm cycling and just can't help singing along!