Tuesday, October 04, 2005

variation on a theme

Shaggy VI > Michèle

Recurring themes are good for blogs if you ask me. Now let’s be clear – I’m talking about THEMES and definitely NOT the phenomenon we bloggers call “memes”. Don’t start me on them.

By themes of course I mean something you continue to resort to when your “ramble” function is failing you, symptoms I experience all too often. I reckon between all my blogs I may have up to a dozen themes to choose from – in fact, you’re reading one right now!

This particular one is an attempt to honour some of my favourite co-bloggers by awarding a prize I affectionately refer to as a “Shaggy”.

And so, without any further ado, I would like to announce that the Sixth Shagadelic Contribution To Blogland Award goes to Michèle at her “Just Hanging Around” blog for the post “Toyota Pickup vs. The Monte Carlo”, which is an extremely well-put together account of a harrowing event.

It is part of her set of excellent stories from her life simply called “Ten Strange Things I’ve Done”, and I’m not going to tell you how it rates against the other nine – you’ll just have to go find them for yourself, won’t you?

Now, I’d thoroughly recommend that you all do something similar on your own blogs, but then that would be sailing dangerously close to “meme” waters, wouldn’t it?

Best enjoy Michèle’s gripping story, and think up your own theme if you want.

Here's to continued fascinating writing from your hangout, Michèle, take a bow.


Previous Winners :

I > Shandi – “
Who says you can’t have the fairytale?"

II > Dol – “
Corporate Whore!

III > Buffalo – “
Bangkok

IV > Mike Todd – “
Et tu, Mike?

V > John - “
You Are Not Alone, I Self Harm Too

1 comment:

Michèle said...

Wow! Thanks Jeff. I’m honored. Of course, I hope you realize that now my head is so swollen I can’t exit the office. Nothing for me to do now except blog on some more . . . You’ve made my day!