Wednesday, October 19, 2005

i think i'm in heaven


Where can I be? I recognise it
Though I’ve never been here before
There’s beauty all round
And I can’t feel inhibitions anymore

I can talk to everybody
Cos they know me
There’s happy faces
As far as I can see

And all I know is the world and I feel fine

And I think I’m in heaven
It’s either that or I’m dreaming

Fear, pain, sorrow, anger
Anguish, despair, prejudice, hatred
Ignorance, murder
Ignorance, war

I can’t find those in the dictionaries here

And I think I’m in heaven
It’s either that or I’m dreaming

This time, there’s no stimulants
Flowing through my veins
And this time, there’s no alcohol
Trying to take away my pain
No foreign bodies, this time,
Messing with my brain
So can this all be for real
Or am I insane?

Cos I think I’m in heaven
It’s either that or I’m…

OK, maybe I am dreaming!
But if I am, don’t pinch me

© JL Pagano 1989


click here for a full index of my poetry and song lyrics

No comments: