Monday, October 10, 2005

bitesize bullets



FEATURE : I decided to try out a new type of post called “bitesize bullets” whereby I pick a few assorted topics and give you up to (yet no more than) fifty words of what I think of it.

PAKISTAN : One journalist called 2005 “The Year Of The Natural Disaster”. What a terrible tragedy, all the more so that it happened in such a politically unstable region. It really puts things in perspective.

GERMANY : Looks like Angela Merkel had to sell the soul of her plans for reform to the devil for the sake of power. I don’t see this so-called “grand coalition” government lasting for long.

MYSTERY : I thought fellow blogster Alan from “Random Burblings” had solved my bbq post mystery last week, yet even up to now that same page receives over a dozen hits per day. I am truly stumped.

STEWART : Not Marcia, but John. “The Daily Show” finally debuted on digital TV here last night (the new channel “more4”) and it’s all it was cracked up to be and then some. Don’t call me between 8:30 and 9 weeknights ever again.

GER : I went out with “The Good Crowd” last Thursday night, and they finally persuaded me to give them all my blog address. I fully expect much slagging next Thirst Fursday. They also wanted me to mention someone’s name on the blog. It’s done.

COMMENTS : Seemingly there are gremlins surrounding my comment button. Feel free to use the “email the author” at the side if you want to get a message to me until I get it fixed.

BOOKER : An Irishman won the Booker Prize for writing a book. WOOHOO! How come all prizes don’t come with handy names? The Filmer Prize? The Sitcom-er Prize? On second thoughts, maybe not.

SWISS : Ireland will come to a standstill on Wednesday night, 7:45pm as the nation watches its soccer team play Switzerland where only a victory will give us a chance to qualify for the World Cup Finals. I’d better set the VCR to record The Daily Show.

KEEPER : I think I may use this format again, me likey…

5 comments:

Mike Todd said...

Dude -- I dig the format, too. Well done.

You got the Daily Show over there now? That rocks. The best show on television by far. Don't worry -- I can't even figure out what time 8:30 over there is over here, so I won't call then.

sex scenes at starbucks said...

golly, I'm gonna have to steal this format...

heh. tell me when not to call and I'll call. You won't answer, but I'll leave heavy breathing on your answering machine.

James Howard Shott said...

I like this. I've been toying with a similar idea. I have so much going on right now that finding the time to write a long piece piece is very difficult, yet I want to keep putting fresh material on the site.

I'll be sure to credit you if I use this technique.

BlondeSense Liz said...

I am so excited that you get the Daily Show! Isn't it the best? I don't think I could have survived living in the US without it for these past several years, especially since Jon Stewart took it over. He's brilliant.

Benny K said...

Love it. Keep it up.