Thursday, September 15, 2005

yet more atrocities

Picture courtesy of Reuters.com


I am not going to use the story below as an excuse to attack anyone – I don’t need to.

My only hope is that the international community, particularly "The West", gives as much attention and empathy to those affected by this latest wave of atrocities as it has to similar recent incidents in other parts of the world.

It’s up against stiff competition, however – I mean Britney did have a baby, and Prince Harry has just turned 21, so I presume the debate will be equally spread to cover all the supposedly important stories.


Scores die in multiple Iraq explosions


More than 150 people have been killed in a series of car bombings in Baghdad, and fighters said the carnage was aimed at avenging an offensive against them in northern Iraq.

An Iraqi security source said the bloodiest strike came in the Shia district of Kadhimiyah, where the toll rose to 112 there alone, from an earlier count of 80.

A total of 150 people were killed in 11 car bombings.

The slaughter came as Iraqi leaders completed a draft constitution to be put to a referendum in mid-October.

[courtesy aljazeera.net]

1 comment:

shandi said...

OMG BRITNEY HAD HER BABY!!!!

That's the media for you. I saw the car bombing footage on the news. I'm thinking that 150 is just another number to some.