Sunday, September 11, 2005

in memoriam 091101

[Although I first posted this song/prayer on this blog after the London bombings in July of this year, it was originally written following the tragic events of September 11, 2001, and so I republish it today.]


If all hatred is a river
And her rapids human pride
Then can we build a bridge across her
To the peace on the other side?

Though the currents may seem strong
And the distance far too wide
We’ve been waiting far too long
To find peace on the other side

If there’s one thing I believe in
If there’s a love I just can’t hide
I want to follow my own children
To the peace on the other side

So if hatred is a river
And her rapids human pride
Can we build a bridge across her
For there’s peace on the other side!

© JL Pagano 2001


click here for a full index of my poetry and song lyrics

3 comments:

Avik said...

excellent one.....

Buffalo said...

beautifully done. wish to hell I could write poetry.

Would that such a bridge were possible. Perhaps when we climb a little higher on the evolutionary ladder it will be possible.

fairygirl701 said...

touching...I can't believe it's already been 4 yrs. *sigh*