Wednesday, September 14, 2005

the g.s.o.t.



When nature plays its hand
And makes changes to our land
It helps me understand
I’m part of a great plan

One day fate will show
Which way I'm gonna go
And that may well be so
Meanwhile, this is all I know

It ain’t always fair
It don’t always care
But it’s always there
The Grand Scheme Of Things
It messes with your mind
It’s too cruel to be kind
It’s just how you always find
The Grand Scheme Of Things

So I’ll write a little song
And it won’t take me that long
Cos I guess there’s nothing wrong
With what’s really goin on

Is my writing on the wall?
Will I rise, will I fall?
It’s way too close to call
I’ll let the chorus say it all

It ain’t always fair
It don’t always care
But it’s always there
The Grand Scheme Of Things
It messes with your mind
It’s too cruel to be kind
It’s just how you always find
The Grand Scheme Of Things

The GSOT
Was about you and me
About honesty
Matrimony
Equality
And harmony
Then suddenly
We just can’t agree
Cos what I see
Is all “ABC”
And what you see
Is all “123”
Adultery
I try to flee
You forgive me
To a degree
Yet eventually
A new light you see
And you say to me
We’re history

Then reality
Like a giant tree
It fell on me
Inspiring me
Now all I see
My kids and me
A new entity
A new family
A new “you and me”
A new policy
A new honesty
Mentality
Philosophy
If it's down to me
The GSOT
Won’t finish me

It ain’t always fair
It don’t always care
But it’s always there
The Grand Scheme Of Things
It messes with your mind
It’s too cruel to be kind
It’s just how you always find
The Grand Scheme Of Things

© JL Pagano 2003


click here for a full index of my poetry and song lyrics

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It ain't all that bad, as you will soon see, that GSOT. Enjoy the minute, day, and week - just let the GSOT take hearty heed.