Monday, September 05, 2005

facing your demons head on

Shaggy V > John

A friend of mine who reads this blog regularly (hows things Conor mate) once said to me he couldn’t believe how much personal stuff I express here.
I told him I thought it was a good way of revealing personal information in a manner in which you could both control it and come to terms with it.

Having said that, I also felt like telling him that if he thought THIS blog was personal, he should see the one my future brother-in-law has going!

We all have our demons. We all have a past that created them. And finally, we all have our ways of dealing with them.

At the risk of being accused of blatant nepotism, I would like to award The Fifth Shagadelic Contribution To Blogland Award (aka “The Shaggy”) to John over at “Self-Harm : You’re Not Alone”, in particular his very first post, “You Are Not Alone, I Self Harm Too”.

He may be practically family, but I doubt you can help but appreciate the bravery it must have taken to put that first post out onto the internet back on May 12. He has since gone on to give excellent accounts of both his personal history and his current experiences. His archives are definitely worth a browse.

Keep up the good work, bro.


Previous Winners :

I > Shandi – “Who says you can’t have the fairytale?"

II > Dol – “Corporate Whore!

III > Buffalo – “Bangkok

IV > Mike Todd – “Et tu, Mike?

1 comment:

Mike Todd said...

Frickin A! Congrats to John. I'm on my way to check it out right now...