Sunday, August 28, 2005

a woman for me



You don’t have to tell me
There’s other fish in the sea
And please don’t remind me
I’ve got my whole life in front of me
It’s just I’m in a place right now
And I swear I won’t be long (belong?)
It’s just my way of coping
And there can’t be nothin wrong with just one self-pity song…

Can there ever be a woman for me
Can there ever be a woman for me
Evenings by the fire
Nights of pure desire
Walking hand in hand
To find our promised land
Someone I can love
Someone I’ve been thinking of
Can there ever be a woman for me

When all you have is all you need
And then you throw it away
You have a broken heart that cannot bleed
And there’s nothing you can say
Is it my imagination or are things really this bad?
As I look around for inspiration
All I can feel is sad
So here’s my self-pity song

Can there ever be a woman for me
Can there ever be a woman for me
Evenings by the fire
Nights of pure desire
Walking hand in hand
To find our promised land
Someone I can love
Someone I’ve been thinking of
Can there ever be a woman for me

There's nothing left to say

© JL Pagano 2000


click here for a full index of my poetry and song lyrics

No comments: