Monday, August 29, 2005

a town called jesus


He had a plan, he would walk for a while
To clear his head once and for all now
The sun would dry all of his tears
The red soil nourish his hopes now

The sound of the sea would silence his doubt
So that he could then see a way of working it out
That’s when he saw the sign and here’s what it read

This way to Jesus
This way to Jesus

He had been walking to forget
And stop the past from taking over
He was lonely kinda needed a friend
The sign it called him over

It said “This way you’ll find what you’re lookin for
We’ll give you peace of mind and who could want more”
So he considered that sign and all that it said

This way to Jesus
This way to Jesus

He was lonely, kinda needed a friend

But he had a plan, he’d set out his goals
Security lay in another town
Follow your head, my friend, not your heart
Your instinct can’t let you down

This he said to himself as he turned away
Still not ready to find this kind of new day
Yet forever that sign would live in his head

This way to Jesus
This way to Jesus

Follow your head, my friend, not your heart


Cos you know deep down in your soul one day it’s gonna be alright


© JL Pagano/”Noreen” 2000


These lyrics make up part of chapter 35 of my autobigraphy “Stories Worth A Thousand Words” called “1000 Words On…Even More Bloody Lyrics!!!” which I began posting yesterday.


click here for a full index of my poetry and song lyrics

1 comment:

Heidi said...

it's kinda on the late side, but welcome back, JL!

this post spoke to me. timely too with my current situation. made me laugh. (odd, I know.)

thanks for sharing this, JL.