Wednesday, July 27, 2005

why can’t you see the madness


What use all your talent
When you have no desire
What use knowing truth
When you were born a liar

What use a Rolex watch
When you won’t find the time
What use a silken ladder
When you won’t try to climb

Maybe one day hell will freeze
And I will see what your mind sees
A forest hidden by all the trees

If you can see the black cats
That cross your path each day
And if you can see injustice
From many miles away
If all your worldly wisdom
Affords you perfect sight
Then why can’t you see the madness in your life?

What use a song about you
When you don’t want to hear
What use my sharing demons
When you can’t see my fear

Maybe one day hell will freeze
And I will see what your mind sees
A forest hidden by all the trees

If you can see the black cats
That cross your path each day
And if you can see injustice
From many miles away
If all your worldly wisdom
Affords you perfect sight
Then why can’t you see the madness in your life?

I love you
Cos I have to
But it’s still love
Why can’t you see?

You hurt me
Cos you had to
But it still hurts
Why can’t you see?

If you can see the black cats
That cross your path each day
And if you can see injustice
From many miles away
If all your worldly wisdom
Affords you perfect sight
Then why can’t you see the badness
Why can’t you see my sadness
And why can’t you see the madness in your life?

© JL Pagano 2005


click here for a full index of my poetry and song lyrics

7 comments:

shandi said...

Wow!!!

Buffalo said...

Out-freakin-standing, Jeff!

Mr. Middle America said...

*looks around*

For the shallow among us, there needs to be a cheat sheet of sorts... that... you know... fills in between the lines!

Gaye said...

I have chills now--that was beautifully written. I think someone has been trying to tell me this; I know I have been trying to tell someone else this. The madness in someone else's life is easier to see than the madness in our own. It revolves around seeing what's there instead of what we desire to see. Thanks...

BlondeSense Liz said...

That was great and I am with gaye, someone's been trying to tell me this and I think I have been trying to tell someone else the same thing.

You put it all so beautifully.


Liz

teri said...

There are many people that have darkness in there past...but it doesn't go away. Even when they see the madness in their life...it doesn't go away.

Anonymous said...

hey jeff its ur cousin morgan. i read it and i loved it so so so so much!