Thursday, June 09, 2005

political will song

Hey Mr President Man – why aren’t you doing all you can?
All I can see around me is people in need – what have you to say?

Hey Mr Average Man – you are responsible for what I am!
The votes that went in the ballot box were for me, by a majority!

Well maybe he has a point
As I sit and smoke this joint
Looking for someone to blame
Ignoring my own name

Is it really fair…Do I really care…
Got so much to share…And it’s going nowhere…

You gotta want it to happen
If it’s ever gonna happen
Or else every day when you wake up
You’ll find you’re still dreaming

Now as I look into the wishing well I think; “Is this eternity or is it hell?”
The wishing well is a symbol for the lives of all our children

Should I only live for today or can I make a difference in some small way?
All that I know is that I’ll never do it alone, there’s so much to be done

And it really gets me thinking
As yet another beer I’m drinking
Can we forget where we come from
What we believe and what we’ve done

And use what we know…To make mountains grow…
And new rivers flow…There’s so far to go…

You gotta want it to happen
If it’s ever gonna happen
Or else every day when you wake up
You’ll find you’re still dreaming

I can hear you say I’m a bore
That you’ve heard all these words before
But that only makes me more determined

To mean what I say…So I’ll do more than just pray…
For Revolution Day…And that’s no cliché…

You gotta want it to happen
If it’s ever gonna happen
Or else every day when you wake up
You’ll find you’re still dreaming

Dream on, dream on…


© JL Pagano 1992


click here for a full index of my poetry and song lyrics

3 comments:

shandi said...

Very nice!!! Finally poetry I can relate to and understand. Again...you're very good. I liked the whole joint smoke'n and beer drinking image as your character is contemplating the condition of the planet. Well done.

sex scenes at starbucks said...

I'll have you know yours is the only poetry I ever read on the internet. :) I like it a lot!

JL Pagano said...

And to think I was actually ashamed of this stuff for years...don't ask me why...

Thank you both for your kind words, flattery will get you everywhere, I'll keep posting it! There's a lot more where that came from!