Thursday, June 23, 2005

the cooler prize




Yeah, so I’m at this pub quiz for the University College Dublin Boat Club last night, with Conor Williams, his wife Nicola, their friend Jane, plus Ian McDonald, Conor Brennan, Declan Dunne and finally B** E******.

At one point Conor Williams (who in case I didn’t mention, was there with his wife Nicola, their friend Jane, plus Ian McDonald, Conor Brennan, Declan Dunne and finally B** E******) turns to me and says : “Hey, Jeff, I was reading your blog today, and I notice the only one of us all to get a mention was B** E******!!! What’s that about?”

At first, I was surprised he had scrutinized the blog so closely; then I realized since he was in work, all he must have been doing was scouring the pages looking for his own name!!!

So I turned to Conor Williams (who in case I didn’t mention, was there with his wife Nicola, their friend Jane, plus Ian McDonald, Conor Brennan, Declan Dunne and finally B** E******) and explained: “That one mention of B** E****** was because he is the only New York Yankees fan I know, and I wanted to rub in the fact that The Red Sox (my second fav baseball team) had just beaten the Yankees (my least fav baseball team) to win the American League title last October – I doubt he’ll want reminding of that fact, so we won’t mention it, shall we?”

“Mention what?” queried fully fledged Red Sox fan Conor Williams (who in case I didn’t mention, was there with his wife Nicola, their friend Jane, plus Ian McDonald, Conor Brennan, Declan Dunne and finally B** E******).

“Mention the fact that The Red Sox beat The Yankees last October!!!”

“Oh, yeah? Do you remember that, B** E******???”

…and you can pretty much work out how the rest of that particular conversation went from there.

So anyway, my team won the quiz, and we were offered a selection of the prizes which comprised mostly bottles of booze, but there was one prize which stood out above all the others, something that could not be consumed and thrown away and forgotten about, something which any self-disrespecting male should have but would never have the balls to actually go out and buy…

A 100% GENUINE SIMPSONS DUFF BEER MINI-COOLER.

WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!

I’d like to dedicate this prize to Conor Williams, his wife Nicola, their friend Jane, plus Ian McDonald, Conor Brennan, Declan Dunne and finally B** E******, along with my heartfelt apologies for not mentioning you all on my blog – maybe some day, somehow, I can make it up to you all.

6 comments:

sex scenes at starbucks said...

congratulations!!

shandi said...

damn funny!

Buffalo said...

Good job, Jeff!

Michèle said...

Your friends should be very happy now!

JL Pagano said...

Thanks everyone ... I got an email yesterday from Conor Williams (on behalf of himself, his wife Nicola, their friend Jane, plus Ian McDonald, Conor Brennan, Declan Dunne and finally B** E******) which simply read ... "You're a funny guy!!!"

fairygirl701 said...

Heehee, they definetly got there plugs now!!