Tuesday, May 03, 2005

shoulda coulda woulda

Thanks to sex for tagging me with this meme (I’ve thanked sex for a lot of things in my day but this is definitely a first), and in turn I nominate Shan, Shandi and Kieran to keep it going. Seemingly you pick about three from the list and bang on about them in your own words, and you even get to add to it if you so desire.

If I could be a painter….
I’d have the power to make my dreams come alive.
To help people understand exactly what I see.
To help me understand exactly what I see.
To help me understand how close they are to what other people see.
The canvas of my closed eyelids does not do them justice.
The canvas of the English language does not do them justice.
Be they erotic, be they inspiring or be they terrifying, my dreams are wonderfully mysterious, each and every one.
I want to see my dreams with open eyelids.

If I could be a lawyer…
maybe I’d finally be able to discover how to distance the words coming out of my mouth from the feelings coming from my heart. Damn, I wish I could do that. That’s why so many people say I’m quiet when they first meet me.

If I could be an innkeeper…
I’d be sure I owned a place just like Jack’s in Edgeworthstown in County Longford, Ireland, which some friends and I discovered while stopping off on the way home from a weekend away a while ago. It’s small in size, has a big screen that takes up an entire wall, it offers what are undoubtedly the most amazing pints of Heineken you will ever see on draught anywhere in the known universe, and it even has the dartboard/pool table/jukebox combo that should definitely be mandatory for drinking establishments everywhere. It’s a guy’s weekend paradise, and it is where we intend to watch this year’s FA Cup Final on May 21.

Also, if I could be a writer…
I’d be happy, because the closer what you want, what you need, and what you are able to have get to each other, the closer you get to happiness.

If I could be a scientist...
If I could be a farmer...
If I could be a musician...
If I could be a doctor...
If I could be a painter...
If I could be a gardener...
If I could be a missionary...
If I could be a chef...
If I could be an architect...
If I could be a linguist...
If I could be a psychologist...
If I could be a librarian...
If I could be an athlete...
If I could be a lawyer...
If I could be an innkeeper...
If I could be a professor...
If I could be a writer...
If I could be a circus clown....(by Greg)
If I could be a llama-rider...(by Ogre)
If I could be a bonnie pirate...(By Teach)
If I could be a servicemember...(By Jeremy)
If I could be a business owner...(By Blue944)
If I could be an actor... (By Blue944)
If I could be a rich girl... (By V)
If I could be a witch...
If I could be a racer...
If I could be an assassin... (by Sex)
If I could be a Muslim cleric… (by JL)

5 comments:

kieran said...

I'm on this JP. Check back sometime tonight (whatever "tonight" is in Ireland) and I'll have it finished.

I'd do it after class, but I have to watch Champions League and that is going to consume ever inch of my attention span (which is short to begin with.)

sex scenes at starbucks said...

very nice.

Anna said...

I'm on it...may take me a while, but I promise I'll do it.

shandi said...

Ooohhh...a challenge!!! I'm up for that.
Dude, you nailed the whole artist thing.
I'll post mine soon.

Nathanial Weinman said...

This is very informative. I hope to see more in the near future