Saturday, May 28, 2005

execute order sixty-six



OK, I’ve been to it, and it was great, filling in all the blanks that needed to be filled, tying up all the loose ends that needed to be tied.

I don’t think it has been out long enough for spoilers, so I won’t give any.

My only bitch was the special effects. As much as I loved Lord Of The Rings, in the last instalment at the wedding ceremony when they first cut to the four hobbits I actually said out loud, “They’re SO not there!” and it led me to wonder why bother including that shot when they couldn’t make it look realistic. The same goes for several parts of RotS, especially the heads of the clones. It was CGI at its worst IMHO. The multiple Agent Smith thing worked in The Matrix because his suit was black. With the clones, they wear white, and even the one that was doing the talking was CGI. Eh, surely you can use the real actor there, guys!!! That’s pretty much my only beef. I know it sounds kinda picky and kinda nerdy, but it just didn't look right.

I'm still gonna go again though - it's only fair, my kids wanna see it (my excuse and I'm sticking to it).

1 comment:

Mike Todd said...

Dude, I agree entirely. I think the old movies looked more real. The new ones are like watching a friend play a video game, except you can't steal the controller when he goes to the bathroom. Unless you are employing CGI to make Yoda kick ass, you should freakin' take it easy with that stuff.