Thursday, February 10, 2005

case # 225/05

I finally took the first big step in filing for my divorce today. I brought all my papers to the Court of Family Law office in Smithfield downtown, and obtained my reference number for the impending hearing. Once some formalities have been carried out, which should take a few weeks, I hope to receive a date for my day in court. I can then focus all of my attention on wedding number 2!!!!
It would be easy for someone to assume my putting it off to date was down to my not wanting to get divorced, whether in general or specifically to Ruth. In actual fact, the long finger was used simply because I suffer with a condition which I call "ignoraphobia", ie, a fear of anticipated situations in which I know I will have no idea what to do or how to proceed. I had a similar episode last week when I was bringing my daughter to her friend's house in Knocklyon; I freaked out a couple of times.
At least now the ball is finally rolling anyway!!!

No comments: