Monday, December 13, 2004

welcome to the big leagues

After a lengthy spell in the reserves, I have finally been accepted to the First Team of Public Opinion. Having had my text messages and emails read out on a regular basis on NewsTalk 106 for a couple of years, tonight I had a serious email about the Northern Ireland situation read on the respected RTE Current Affairs show Questions And Answers. With reference to the recent collapse of the talks on the strength of a squabble over a Polaroid photograph, I said ; "There is only one photograph that I would like to see and that is one of Dr Paisley and Mr McGuinness outside Stormont ready to go in and govern the north the way the majority on both sides of the border want them to." I tried to give my pen name of JL Pagano but was not too disappointed that I was officially announced as Jeff Lee. The leader of the Irish Labour Party, Pat Rabbitte, said "here here". As you can see I'm a bit chuffed!

RULE LITTLE BRITAIN-IA
I am now a fully fledged fan of the comedy show "Little Britain" and all its assorted characters, especially the bloke in the wheelchair ("I want THAT one") and Vicky Pollard ("yeah but no but yeah but no but"). Nearest thing to the good old school comedies like Python and Blackadder and such I've seen in years.

No comments: