Thursday, December 02, 2004

cabbage and bakin'

The two buzzwords representing my weekend in Amsterdam are "cabbaged" and "baked", for this is what I was for the three days. From the moment I lit my first joint in the Grasshopper bar to my night's sleep on Tuesday night which was aided by the hash muffin I smuggled home, I was in a parallel universe where all I wanted to do was either sleep or smoke some more. My travelling companion Jason disappeared a few times to either "make a phone call" like he said he was doing, or perhaps he was knocking on doors in the red light district; either way he proably even more cabbaged than I was. All in all it was good to get away for a couple of days and simply relax, and I will hopefully return one day for the same purpose.

BACK TO REALITY
It is only this morning that I am starting to focus once again on my future and what it should hold. My first goal should be to get this house cleaned up and also to get my writing back on track. I have the kids with me this afternoon, and then the "good crowd" is meeting up for it's-ahem-"Christmas Drinks", which will probably entail 4 pints then chips then home as it alkways does. There has been talk of visiting the new nightclub across the road from the Stillorgan Orchard, but I won;t hold my breath!!!

No comments: