Wednesday, September 22, 2004

gotta start somewhere....

Well, here it is, my first post on my first blog. My news and views are about to be cast out into the vast murky waters of the internet! I'm not doing much tonight, just watching a football match on Sky between Yeovil and Bolton, and I have a fiver each way on Yeovil which should keep my interest going. I have a doctor's appointment in the morning, where he will be checking my cholesterol levels as I finally decide to do something about my weight.
I just did a spell check on that first paragraph and was very surprised not to see the word "blog" in a blog's dictionary!!!! It suggested I use "bloc" instead!!!!

SO WHO THE HELL AM I????

My name is Jeff Lee and I was born in Walnut Creek, California, USA on March 21, 1969. I am an only child who was brought up by my grandparents. We emigrated to Dublin, Ireland in 1977 and I have pretty much lived here ever since. My grandfather passed away in his sleep less than a month ago, and at the moment I am pretty much full-time looking after my grandmother who is 95, but in pretty good physical and excellent mental shape.
I am separated from my first wife Ruth, but had two wonderful children with her, RA and CJ [I will try and hide their names for security reasons....RA is a 9 yr old girl, CJ a 7 yr old boy]. We are in the midst of divorce proceedings which take a long time here in Ireland; I suppose I should be glad they can happen at all considering the country's predominantly Catholic legal ethos!
I consider myself extremely lucky to have since met Sandra, a tall beautiful 30 year old who has agreed to be my fiancee with a view to us possibly getting married in 2006, once our career futures are somewhat certain. At the moment I am a full-time carer for an elderly lady as well as an aspiring writer, while she pulls her hair out on a daily basis dealing with patient's appointments at a hospital downtown.

For the first few weeks of this blog I will attempt to go over my life to date, then obviously I will tend to editorialize more. This will give me a good chance to keep my writing skills sharp, by only worry is that I may lack the discipline to post regularly, I suppose only time will tell. Ok, now time to kick back and watch the match.

No comments: